By Don Gentry
Easter is just around the corner!! It is my most favorite Holy day of the year! Every day is a celebration of Christ as a Christ follower, but on this particular day we set aside a special time to celebrate our Savior’s resurrection. If it weren’t for Christ’s resurrection, then we would never celebrate His birth. If he hadn’t risen from the dead on His own power, then his birth wouldn’t have been any more special than any other man’s.
The importance of Christ’s resurrection offers us an incredible opportunity to invite our friends to join us. Who doesn’t like to invite a friend to come with them to a big celebration? Very few people have never heard of Easter- even my Atheist, agnostic friends know about Easter.
Here are some helpful tips to motivate you to invite your friends and neighbors to come to church with you on Easter Sunday!
- It is a celebration! People feel welcome at celebrations! Invite them to join you in the biggest celebration of your faith.
- Ask them face to face. It is much harder to reject someone when they are looking at you.
- Post THESE GRAPHICS via social media and help us get the word out!
- Don’t be afraid of someone saying no. They may have other plans. The worst anyone can say to you is, “I can’t make it.”
- Don’t wait until Saturday night, people make plans!
- Invite them out for lunch afterwards, keep the celebration going!
- Be prepared to go to both services, so that if they do show up you can sit with them, even if you already listened to Matt preach the first service! ☺
- Just do it! Jesus paid the ultimate price for us. The least we can do is set aside a special day to celebrate the freedom and victory that He has given us!
- Stop making excuses for others. Maybe they are just waiting for someone to invite them to church. You never know until you try!
- Easter is a great day to humbly point your friends and neighbors to absolute hope.
Obviously, whether you invite anyone to Church with you is up to you, but Easter really is an easy day to invite others to join you. We have created the invite, the graphic, and have an awesome church so you can feel confident in inviting others. The only thing we can’t do for you is invite the people for you. We are counting on you to help us humbly point everyone to absolute hope!
See you soon!